maanantai 21. huhtikuuta 2014

First test drives

I drove the car home from my garage and at least on cobble stone roads it was awful. Springs are too stiff and I really need to do something about that. I might even considering air springs if I can find something suitable for track driving also.

Engine feels great as well as transmission. I've been trying to fine tune the engine on the roads and gradually adding boost. I accidentally raised it to 1.8 bar and blew off a few hoses. In the end I might settle for lot less for now as it feels quite violent even with 0.9 bar.

First impressions are anyway quite mixed. Ride is harsh, controls heavy and everything is loud. On open roads it feels fairly good and the power is amazing and it's easily available. And I'm happy to realize after so many years I have a car I can just hop in and start driving.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti